What should Capello play against the Germans?

Mal in The Sun

Mal in The Sun
Operation Jersey Cow

the offbeat football page

Welcome to Matchday Banter - ad hoc football musings from the football tortured mind of writer Malcolm Robinson, giving an insight to his feelings and no holds barred opinions on an array of diverse subjects, straying never too far away from his beloved Sunderland AFC.

Feel free to pass comment and join in the Matchday Banter.

Sunday 9 May 2010

Last Day Miscellany

My Nan passed away last night at the age of 97 and she will be a big miss to the family. I suppose the best way to remember her is through fond memories and none come no fonder than the 1992 FA Cup final, Sunderland v Liverpool. My Dad and I had tickets for the semi-final at Sheffield, but missed out on the big day at Wembley. Not to fear though as the Twin Towers were recreated at home in Fulwell.

VIP guests to the homemade arena that day were my Nan and Granda - both getting straight into the spirit of things, my Nan donning a classic 1980's Sunderland headband, as the lads came so close to lifting the cup that day.

Annie Britton 1913-2010 R.I.P.

Watching the Leicester play off semi final against Cardiff, it appears that Sunderland's new corner taker for next season has been decided. The on-loan Martyn Waghorn for the foxes wipping in a pearler everytime and also managing to cross the ball past the first defender - something we've not managed often this season.

And to Wolves today...I've plumbed for a goal fest Wolves 2 Sunderland 3 - Darren Bent first scorer. Ha'way me bonny lads...all the way to 10th place please!

No comments:

Post a Comment